Friday, April 8, 2011

1 of 2 posts for today- Treasure Box...

I have 2 posts for today, I was hoping to have this one done yesterday but life got in the way a bit so here it is today.
I love treasures, and I love treasure boxes. I am the type of person that when I see an unusual box I try to figure out a way to reuse it. This little beauty started with this:
Cool little box, 4 different patterns of scrapbook paper, Krylon pink spray paint, Martha Stewart Modge Podge, Elmers glue (2 kinds), ribbon, buttons and a trinket, whew, that was a mouth full!

Here we are in process:
First I cut the paper to fit the box, then I sprayed glue on the back and placed the paper on the box.
Then I modge podged it so that it would stay on forever and glued the stubborn pieces with Elmers. I Put holes in the top for the bow so it has a little handle.

After decorating it, this is what I came up with:
Isn't it cute?!
Here is the inside:
And here are some close-ups:
(Sorry the quality of some of the pics is less than ideal, but I wanted you to see as much as you could, hopefully someday I will get a better camera).

So what do you think? I hope you like my little treasure box because I think it might be filled with some fun treasures as part as my 100 readers giveaway that will hopefully be coming up soon!

I will be linking to Patches of Pink for her link up party so please stay tuned over there and if you like my Cute Little Treasure Box, vote for it when the voting opens! Also linking to Kojo Designs another great blog!

Until later,
Hugs,
Sh
elly

4 comments:

Stacie said...

That is sooo sweet! LoVe the colors! How CuTe would that be for a lil' girly birthday gift with a few little goodies inside!! Thanks for sharing! :)

emilysnan said...

hiya , what a cute box , i love using old boxes that would normally end up in the bin and giving them a new purpose , tfs and i am now folloing you , hope you can pop by my blog and follow me too
xmaggiex

CraftyJAR said...

Cute box! My daughter would love it! She love to collect things in little treasure boxes. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for giving me vote.
Judy

Jalisa said...

Very cute! And thank you so very much for your kind words over on my blog: http://patchesofpink.com

Thanks for linking up!

How to Serve Those in Need- on a Budget

Hello Everyone!! With the holidays upon us, I am realizing that with this new chapter of our life, we are going to have to find new ways to ...