Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Butterflies for Taylor...

So the hubster and I took Tay thrifting with us one day and she found a picture of butterflies that she really wanted, but even though we were at a thrift store they wanted like $15 for it, umm as much as I love her it just wasn't worth it and I knew I could do one even better.
I started with this -
The shadow box frame I found at the DI for $1. It was brown but Taylor loves blue, so of course now it is blue! I found the butterfly printables on familyfun.com.
Here we are in progress -
The butterflies are colored on both sides, because you can see both sides through the glass.
Here is the finished project -
You can't really tell in the pics but the butterflies look like they could fly off at any moment, so cute!
This really is so much better then the one she wanted, I know she will love this, I can't wait to give it to her!

Thanks for stopping by!

Until later,
Hugs,
Shelly

4 comments:

Whit said...

I love your blog you are so creative. Thank you for your sweet comment. I am your newest follower

Donnie said...

That is lovely and I'm sure she will be thrilled with it and will also treasure that you made it for her.

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

This is so sweet. Love the butterflies. I like that you put one bfly on the edge of the frame.

Please stop and see my entry for Patches of Pink.
http://www.kristaspapercafe.com/home-decor-hop-day-runs-through-sunday/

Cat said...

Very cute butterflies! Found you on Patches of Pink. New follower!

How to Serve Those in Need- on a Budget

Hello Everyone!! With the holidays upon us, I am realizing that with this new chapter of our life, we are going to have to find new ways to ...