Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 8 Someone who made your life horrible...

Someone who made my life unbearable, hmmm, this one takes me back. When I was in highschool I was a class officer and on the Dance team and had alot of friends. However, my boyfriend who was a jock could also be a jerk. He treated people badly. So some of the girl jocks took it out on me. They made fun of me in gym (I really think that it just bugged them because I could do more pull-ups and lift heavier weights, haha) they yelled mean things at me walking through the halls. Pretty much they bullied me. It. Was. Awful. It got bad enough that I went from a girl who was very active and loved school to a girl who just wanted to stay home and hide. Most of the girls were a year older so when they graduated it kind of just faded away. It difinetly gave me perspective on bullies though, so that when I raised my kids I knew how to deal with it. Bullying is never okay, as we see in the news nearly every day, it does impact lives. Some kids just can't deal with it and take thier own lives. Parents need to teach thier kids to treat everyone with respect and also to stand tall. Noone should ever have to live in fear of a bully.

Until later,
Hugs,
Shelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree and the horrible thing is that these really young kids (which is where it starts) might not even realize that they are the ones being bullies. It's so important that parents are involved and know what is going on with our kids at school daily.

How to Serve Those in Need- on a Budget

Hello Everyone!! With the holidays upon us, I am realizing that with this new chapter of our life, we are going to have to find new ways to ...