Monday, May 16, 2011

Me, Me Monday... Please don't judge...

Okay, before I show this next picture please understand my little cottage/house was built in 1943, back when rooms were itty-bitty and storage was unheard of. For most of the 11 years of us living in this house this room was Ashley's. After she moved out it became the room where everything was thrown. The idea was for me to eventually use it as a craft room. Well, I am so embarrassed to say that this is what it became;
I know, I know I should be ashamed and I am, it is horrible!!

Because it is a small space and things are so cramped even if it was somehow straightened I couldn't find anything. I occasionally buy frames or framed pictures etc. for future projects and I also have some pictures I like to switch out occasionally so I decided that I needed to find a way to use every square inch of space. I know this is cluttered but it is actually very organized and functional. So here is my craft room now -
Crazy crowded I know but it works because I can see every frame and picture that I own.
The white shelf holds all my paints, glues, unframed pictures and tools.
The brown shelf holds all our games, movies, CDs and more of my craft stuff ie. fabrics, wall-papers, candles and flowers.
This little corner is the hubster's, it has his dresser, his pictures and awards and his hats.
His closet is also in here.
Close-up of all my spray paint, I love this stuff and obviously need more!!
More craft storage!
This shelf is pretty amazing it holds a ton of stuff!!

I notice that the floor doesn't show in any of these pics, but I promise after I picked everythng up there really is a floor in this teeny-tiny room.
Well, I know it isn't all fancy-shmancy like alot of them out here on blog land but its all I've got and it works. And honestly, I kind of like it!

Until later,
Hugs,
Shelly

1 comment:

Gobetween's Space said...

It looks like a fun room. I think you need some more shelves though.

How to Serve Those in Need- on a Budget

Hello Everyone!! With the holidays upon us, I am realizing that with this new chapter of our life, we are going to have to find new ways to ...